A Battered Tormented Page

16. Feb. 1995


I dreamt that my world fell apart twice,
The first was the worst,
Pain and crying and absolution of
It all
Was experienced by poor, pathetic me.
The second time was déjà vu
Until I realized
It all
And I remembered
It all.
I started to just sit down in the middle of
It all
And I crossed my legs to become a pretzel
(prayer)
And I said, “AhhhhhUhhhhhMmmmmm...” and
It all
Became perpendicular bisections,
Absolution to nothing,
Binary implosions,
Pleasure to knowin’s and
Not one thing made sense to me,
Nor did it bother me any more.

[Photo by Roza Nuttall 20160410]
And I crossed my legs to become a pretzel
[Photo by Roza Nuttall 20160410]




Poetry by Alex Nuttall, title: A Battered Tormented Page, Original Date: 19950216 – © Alexander Blair Nuttall / OgFOMK ArTS 1995 – 2017 – Retro-published 20170728.

This poem is about meditation. Ending suffering by taking an inventory and letting go of It all. The pranava is invoked here. Also the realization that suffering and salvation have been here before.

This was written before the author decided to go into the U.S. Army National Guard.

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have I Been, A Facebook Address

Bitcoin as a 2nd Amendment Right against Weaponized Currency

Sawhorse 3 - 20170219