So Protests the Protestant


01 Jan. 1998





In School,
High School,
I Decided
To Be A Poet;


So I did not pretend to be anything else,
My life grows and I get older now,
I am still playing the game,
I can’t spell,
I can’t rhyme,
And I can’t pay all of my bills…


Oh, look at me!
The poet who is;


One small step for me 
and
Years of cleanup 
for
the
Next Generation
of
Punks and pundits;


Sometimes the ground is the same,
I am dealing with some people who are a lot
Smarter than me –
A whole lot smarter;


But this is my life
and
When I die
They will all be gone.




Protest, Red Square,  Moscow 2012 © Alex Nuttall
Protest, Red Square,  Moscow 2012 © Alex Nuttall



As always the poet Alex Nuttall is using hindsight to clarify his stretch in the run of life. This poem breaths with the panting runners aches and pains. The run is not over so when this was written in 1998 it was just another move to push the runner on. Experts call this the internal locus  that motivates.

The title is about being raised Southern Conservative Baptist. Baptists are from the Protestant side of Christianity. By this time Alex was calling himself Buddhist but he started to embrace his rejected upbringings as well.

We are not quite sure when in 1998 this was written so chronologically it goes on January 1st, 1998. Just for fun.

Poetry by Alex Nuttall, title: So Protests the Protestant, Original Date: 19980101 – © Alex Nuttall / OgFOMK ArTS 1998 – 2017 – Retro-published 20171201.

#AlexNuttall #OgFOMK #Poetry #Protest #Protestant #Poet #Death #Life #Christianity #Buddhism

https://ogfomk.blogspot.com/1998/01/so-protests-protestant.html

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have I Been, A Facebook Address

Bitcoin as a 2nd Amendment Right against Weaponized Currency

Sawhorse 3 - 20170219