Eulogy For Old Men

7 June 1998


...and, my Roman friends,
There was that time I got a hard on
Just from watching the cleaning lady,
But that was then,
Long before i had ever read Buck Fuctowski.
After Buck, even the white-trash, missing teeth, and
bruised
Looked good to me;
But i must say that the other
Great writers,
Bull Lee Biscuit
And Jack Daniels Bladder
Made me feel queer, sometimes,
But they wrote from the wrong head.
Fuctowski, on the other hand, he wrote from
The gut
And that was nice of him to do that.
But he's dead now and so is my granddaddy-
That is, one of my granddaddies.

My dad's dad, he would have loved Fuctowski;
They could have gone fishing together.
So i guess that now they are in that part of
After-life where
Old men arm wrestle and show off
For old women
Feeling their pained lives and bodies,
Bodiless with only the mind,

Oh, cleaning ladies are still good,
But i know that they ain't the best;
O Fuctowski, you're dead, but I tilt this one to you
anyway.



[From Ogfom-k #7,  June 1994]
(edited 29 Sept 1998)


© Alexander Blair Nuttall / OGFOM-K Arts 1998
© Alexander Blair Nuttall / OgFOMK ArTS 1998 - 2017
20170626 -ABN

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have I Been, A Facebook Address

Bitcoin as a 2nd Amendment Right against Weaponized Currency

Sawhorse 3 - 20170219