I Still Find Cigarette Butts

9 July 1998


I still find cigarette butts
Always appearing in the various boxes I have moved
From a common residence to the one you found
That I assumed residence of
I still find cigarette rappers and other knick-knacks
like drippled wax and broken incense sticks
I still write words about these things
So it goes.
Why did I move to Norfolk’?
You were The answer.
Well, I am here, now you are gone,
So it goes, like a Cigarette butt,
Packed up and shipped out,
Me and the cigarette now have liberty
I still find cigarette butts and I remember so many times
Emptying that ash tray of yours when it piled so high
You just smoked.



© Alexander Blair Nuttall / OGFOM-K Arts 1998
© Alexander Blair Nuttall / OgFOMK ArTS 1998 - 2017
20170626 -ABN

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have I Been, A Facebook Address

Bitcoin as a 2nd Amendment Right against Weaponized Currency

Sawhorse 3 - 20170219