I'll Be Voting and You Can Too!


6. Nov. 2017



I love when public servants use full sentences. This guy here made me proud to be American. All those years of public school were not squandered because I realized that speaking well and writing could elevate the consciousness of all of us.

This guy here made me proud to be American - Barack Obama
This guy here made me proud to be American - Barack Obama
Little did I know that bathroom graffiti, incomplete sentences and marginal behavior would normalize itself. I look back on my petulant early works and even they pointed in a better direction.
I do hope that as Americans we can return to good manners, intelligent language and progressive thought. Whether we believe it or not the planet is changing. So is our consciousness.

I'll be voting on Tuesday. There's no excuse for me not to. The polling center is literally in my back yard. It's an African Methodist Episcopal Church.

Emanuel A.M.E. Church, Portsmouth VA
Emanuel A.M.E. Church, Portsmouth VA
If you are like me and grew up in the Hampton Roads region. Afro-Americans, Asians, Caucasians and many others lived in the same communities, went to the same schools and shopped in the same stores. We had an African American governor, Douglas Wilder, 27 years ago. Having an African American/(and a good mix of other goodness) was not a stretch for many of us.

Douglas Wilder,  66th Governor of Virginia
Douglas Wilder,  66th Governor of Virginia
I've been to Uzbekistan where I was asked why I liked a ni**er president. I just said simply that I liked the smartest guy in the room. At that time Uzbekistan had the same president for over 30 years. Their president's platform was simple. He wanted to make Uzbekistan great again.

Islam Karimov - 1st President of Uzbekistan - 1991 to 2016
Islam Karimov - 1st President of Uzbekistan - 1991 to 2016
I've been to Russia during the Putin election. I saw the voting centers in the schools. I visited one. The choice was clear. Putin would be elected. He wanted to make Russia great again.

5 Candidates for Russian Election 2012
5 Candidates for Russian Election 2012
Our President 4 March 2012 - Russian Election Poster
I'm going to vote on Tuesday. I'll be voting Democrat. The Republicans are still toeing the line with "less government" which is code for roll back to the good old days. They want to convince you to give up your vote or vote against Democracy.

Olde Towne, Portsmouth Virginia Polling Place
Olde Towne, Portsmouth Virginia Polling Place
At first I thought that my vote didn't mean anything. The popular vote was trumped by those who embraced apathy. If the voting population had voted, the vote of the electoral college could have been challenged.

We have the president that we do because we all voted for him. I could have done more but I didn't. So I'm responsible too. I thought it was a no brainer. I was wrong.

I voted in the City of Portsmouth, Virginia
I voted in the City of Portsmouth, Virginia

You are welcome to share this. I hope that no matter what, you all will vote. Vote for who you like. That's all.

I did this on the toilet and I did it in my phone so I did not edit it. I'm Alex Nuttall and I sponsored this post. (Originally Posted on Facebook)

I'm Alex Nuttall and I sponsored this post
I'm Alex Nuttall and I sponsored this post




Alexander Nuttall writes about why he will vote in the November 7 election. This is the for the Virginia Gubernatorial election of 2017.

© Alexander Nuttall / OgFOMK ArTS -- 2017 All Rights Reserved. -Politics - Gubernatorial Election - "I'll Be Voting and You Can Too!"

#OgFOMK #AlexanderNuttall #Politics #Vote #Virginia #Gubernatorial #Election #Voting #PortsmouthVA #Ptown #America #Apathy

https://ogfomk.blogspot.com/2017/11/ill-be-voting-and-you-can-too.html

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have I Been, A Facebook Address

Bitcoin as a 2nd Amendment Right against Weaponized Currency

Sawhorse 3 - 20170219