Time Travel

Time Travel

One day I hopped on a bicycle at work. When I checked how much at the time, how many kilometers a day I traveled, the answer was about 7. That's a lot of time that I spent walking and not doing other things. 

The bicycle was like a time machine. In ten minutes I could travel 4 times the distance! It was an amazing experience. 

Time travel is just that. How far can you go in a period of time. Not necessarily going from time to time. The concept of going from time to time is unimportant. The time you spend is the only factor that matters in your life. At a certain point your body will no longer support your journey. Time will be over.

It doesn't matter that there have been eons or kalpas before, during or after any of your activities. Those times are speculative perceptions of someone else or maybe a conclusion you have made. Those times are not your experience. They are inconclusive. They are neither provable nor are they dismissive folly. They are just something else. They are answers to questions. Neither true nor false.

Recently we flew from Norfolk, Virginia to Sarasota, Florida. I usually think of the Beatles, "Live and Let Die" song and then I segue to Ian Fleming's book with the same name. James Bond. Time Travel. Retirement. Not yet.

!

We could have walked. We could have driven. We chose to fly. Time travel.

As I write this I am hundreds of miles from work and home. Time and space transgressed. In the past I've driven this far. It took me well over half a day pushing a gas pedal. Walking, I could do it, but it would be very unpleasant.

As far as my recollections of time are concerned time is going by me much faster than it was before. I accomplish more in shorter periods of time than I used to. When I was younger 5 minutes seemed to last forever. Time is just a pathway. 

Time is a pathway. It's the means with which we open up opportunities. It's our work. It's our process. We can short or long cut it. Time is observation. Time is consciousness. Time is the shadow of awareness.

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have I Been, A Facebook Address

Bitcoin as a 2nd Amendment Right against Weaponized Currency

Sawhorse 3 - 20170219